Updated: September 16th, 2016
RSP assists principal investigators and departments in meeting the terms and conditions of sponsored projects, by monitoring expenditures for compliance. When an award is ending, RSP works with the PI/Department to ensure all appropriate expenses have been applied before preparing final financial reports and closing out the account.
During 2011, the APR Closeout Team developed tools to assist in standardizing and streamlining the closeout process.
- RSP Notice 2011-2: Financial Responsibility for Uncollectible Costs on Extramural Projects
- Department/Division Award Closeout Checklist - This list was developed by the APR Award Closeout team based on feedback from research administrators that there is a need for greater consistency in preparing an award for closeout. The 12 items that are included in this checklist are very similar to the reminders that are included in the automated e-mail that is sent to the PI, departmental administrator, and the division contact 60 days before the end of the award.
- Examples of standard emails:
- Project Statuses
- Residual Balance Accounts - If an award permits the University to retain unspent funds, a residual balance form must be completed to close out the project.
- PI Departure/Award Transfer
- Policies vary by sponsor. Contact your Post-Award Accountant.
- Transfer of NIH Grant to another Institution
- DHHS Transition to Subaccounts