Cost Sharing Policy
Page Updated: October 21st, 2016
As one of the nation's leading research institutions, the University of Wisconsin – Madison recognizes the importance of providing good stewardship of institutional and extramural funds. The University's stewardship includes the responsibility for complying with federal requirements for proposing, managing, and documenting sponsored activities.
- About Cost Sharing Tool
- Instructions for Tool
Third Party Cost-Share Commitment Letter Template
For departments to include with proposals to indicate the third-party cost-share commitment details.
Cost Sharing & Commitment Update Form
Use this form to update payroll cost share commitments or report non-salary and third party cost-share.
Third Party Cost-Share Template
For departments to request confirmation of third-party cost-share contributions, at the end of an award.
- Campus Cost Share Training
RSP Cost Share Working Group Business Processes
- How CSWG will distribute workload for answering questions in CS mailbox
- How campus will get CS approved
- How RSP will review CS at proposal?
- How RSP/Campus will set up CS at award
- How campus will manage, track, and document cost sharing
- How RSP will investigate/fix CSBO errors
- How RSP will handle post award accounting, monitoring, and reporting of cost sharing
- How RSP sub-team will handle update forms