Please use FIREFOX or INTERNET EXPLORER when using Cayuse.
Updated: April 24th, 2013
What is Cayuse424?
Cayuse is a web-based system for submission of applications via grants.gov. The system is easy to use, provides significant auto-filling of forms, extensive error checking and the ability to see the entire proposal before submission.
What can you apply for with Cayuse424?
Cayuse can be used for electronic grants.gov submissions to federal agencies that provide Adobe forms for the submission process (i.e. NIH, DOD, CDC, USDA, AHRQ, etc).
If the funding opportunity is not already retrieved it's easy to load an opportunity. The Cayuse reference manual explains how to do this, but you must know your opportunity number. If you do not have it on your Funding Opportunity Announcement, look it up by going to https://www.grants.gov and follow the link that says "Find Grant Opportunities."
Important Dates: RSP recommends that you submit your application to your Dean's Office five business days in advance of the deadline. This allows enough time for review, error correction and resubmission before the deadline. It is certain that Grants.gov will slow down in the days prior to a deadline because of limited bandwidth.
Due to changes in the Profile Setup Procedure in Cayuse, RSP will now create Professional Profiles for all new users.
Simply send us the new person's full name, UW ID name, UW login email address, and Contact email address, and we will create the profile and send you a notice when ready to use. The New User will be able to login, review their profile, make changes and give permissions if needed.
Send all correspondence to email@example.com. This email address is monitored at all times and receives priority service.
- Cayuse User Reference Manual
- Browser Configuration
- Does Cayuse424 Support Macintosh, iPads, or iPhones?
- Know your UW-Madison NetID
- Know your NIH Commons ID
- Contact RSP about Collaborators/Subawardees
- Cayuse 424 - This hands-on session will demonstrate how to create a professional profile, and prepare and route grant applications: Register via OHRD
- Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to set up a training session for your unit.
Where can I go for help with Cayuse424?
- For web browser issues, please check with your technical support person
- Check with a local research administrator
- Check with your Dean's Office
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Call the proposal team at RSP - Brenda Egan 2-9029 or Darlene Holte 0-3509
- Cayuse Support Center - offers phone and email support
- Cayuse Listserv - email discussion list designed to communicate and learn about using Cayuse424
- UW Cayuse Users Listserv