Checklist for the Preaudit of Travel and Requisitions
Page Updated: December 20th, 2016
(All answers should be "yes" except as qualified.)
- Is travel allowable as part of this award?
- Is travel appropriate for this award?
- Are travel costs less than or equal to the maximum costs allowed?
- Is travel within the award period (unless pre-award costs are approved)?
- Is foreign travel authorized?
- Are US air carriers used? (Exceptions are allowable only in limited circumstances. Cost savings is not an exception. See GSA guidance on Use of U.S. Flag Air Carriers.)
- For contracts and subcontracts that require a Request of Approval of Foreign Travel form, has the form been submitted in the specified time period prior to the planned departure date for any foreign travel?
- Is the requisition for an outgoing subagreement? - All outgoing subagreements are now processed through the Subaward Portal.
- Are requisitions issued within the award period (unless pre-award costs are approved)?
- Are equipment purchases reasonable for the research when ordered in the last month of the terminal year of the award?
- Are equipment purchases allowable under the terms and conditions of the award?
- Are the effective dates for memberships and maintenance and service agreements within the award period?
- Are consultant agreement costs less than or equal to daily maximums?