Vilas Faculty Mid-Career/Early Career Investigator Award
Page Updated: October 8th, 2018
- Award letter is provided by the Provost Office.
- Vilas provides up to $50,000 of flexible research funds per year for one or two years.
- RSP will setup a 133 project for each fiscal year of the award.
- The award is set up and administered through the winner’s own department/college.
- Unspent funds will be returned to the Vilas Trust at the end of the project.
- Project number and allowable expenditure questions should be directed to Research and Sponsored Program's Angie Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-890-3147.
- Faculty can choose to use the funds for his/her summer salary only and the amount is limited to 2/9ths of the lowest paid Vilas Research Professor’s salary. This amount is subject to change each fiscal year. Summer salary amounts will be provided on the Vilas Awards Main Page.
- Faculty summer salary is for July and August pay periods for the first two years of the award only, no exceptions allowed.
- Faculty who are paid on an annual basis (12 month) are not eligible for any salary on this award.
- Fringe benefits will be charged for all personnel paid on the award.
- Flexible funds may not be used to provide additional salary support for the award winner or other faculty members.
- Flexible funds may not be used for scholarships, fellowships or to direct charge tuition.
- Flexible funds may not be used for the purchase of alcohol.
- Items purchased with flexible funds are subject to the State, University and Department policies/guidelines, and procedures.