Vilas Faculty Mid-Career/Early Career Investigator Award
Page Updated: October 12th, 2017
- Award letter is provided by the Provost Office
- A fund 133 project will be created and is assigned by Research and Sponsored Programs.
- The award covers one or two fiscal years, with a new project issued each year; the period for which the grant is awarded is not negotiable.
- Vilas provides up to $50,000 of flexible research funds.
- The award is set up and administered through the winner’s own department/college.
- Unspent funds will be returned to the Vilas Trust at the end of the project.
- Project number and allowable expenditure questions should be directed to Research and Sponsored Program’s Angie Stenli email@example.com 608-890-3147.
- If the awardee chooses to put his/her salary on the project, only summer salary is allowed and is capped at $10,000 each year. RSP removes the fringe benefits each month at no charge to the department.
- Flexible funds may not be used to provide additional salary support for the award winner or other faculty members.
- Flexible funds may not be used for scholarships, fellowships or to direct charge tuition.
- Flexible funds may not be used for the purchase of alcohol.
- Items purchased with flexible funds are subject to the same State rules, University and Department policies/guidelines, and procedures.